Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to H1B Conversion, Change of status abandoned by USCIS. H1B Amendment of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B Conversion, Change of status abandoned by USCIS. H1B Amendment of status

Iam on H4 visa and valid till July 2014. I came to USA on Dec 2012 and filed a new H1B on Apr 2013 through an Employer. Due to a critical need i had to go to India on Sept and returned back on Oct 25 due to which my H1B petition got approved for 3 years but COS has been denied. Now im in a dilemma whether to travel to any consulate abroad and get the stamping done or go for a Amendment of status. It is Vermont center for me to apply. Could you please suggest the best possible approach whether stamping is advised or find a suitable job and go for Amendment of status by filing premium processing. Appreciate your kind response on my question. Thanks in advance.

I have exact same situation, but not sure what to do. I was suggested that COS/Amendment is no longer an option. So still confused if that correct and which country to travel for stamping i.e. Home or near by.

BTW..your's case is posted about year ago..what happened to you case ? I am same pain as you were before..please help..

Thanks,
    Ashutosh

Comment

Please let me know what happened to this case?
      Don't we have an option of COS/ Amendment for H4 to H1?

Thanks,
      Rakesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X