Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting H4 to F1 to get CPT/OPT for employment

Hi,

I am right now on H4 visa. Just talked to one legitimate consulting company, which is ready to help me in placements. They are saying there are two options for employment:
    1) File H1 with them in April and wait till October to be able to work. But in this case, getting H1 has only 1/3 probability, as quota is 65000, while applicants are more than 150000.
    2) Enroll in some online diploma course which will start admission in january or february and give me CPT by march end. Then they can file my H1 in Apr under that F1 status. As I already have another Masters in Finance degree from a top ranked university, he was saying I would be in advanced quota so I won't have to go through lottery selection for visa. I have 2 years of work experience too.

Now coming to my problem, that consultant didn't give me any list of good courses that are in reasonable range too. I don't even know exactly what these kind of programs are called and how to search for them. I also read somewhere else on the forum that since this education will be only for the purpose of employment, I can run into issues with visa office. I have no problem studying again, but I don't want to spend much and want to increase my chance of getting H1.
    - Has anyone gone through this option?
    - Does anyone have list of good accredited courses that are within 8000$ (as I had already spent too much on my masters) & do they start in January?
    - Does anyone know how soon can I get CPT after joining such course?

Any guidance or help will be greatly appreciated

@arviscorpi

I am also going through the same situation(F1 to H4 visa) and now looking for options on how to convert H4 to h1b visa(I also have MS degree from top rated american university and 3 years of experience in the industry). You can contact me and will advise you for the couple of colleges I am aware of.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Originally posted by arviscorpi View Post
    Hi,

I am right now on H4 visa. Just talked to one legitimate consulting company, which is ready to help me in placements. They are saying there are two options for employment:
    1) File H1 with them in April and wait till October to be able to work. But in this case, getting H1 has only 1/3 probability, as quota is 65000, while applicants are more than 150000.
    2) Enroll in some online diploma course which will start admission in january or february and give me CPT by march end. Then they can file my H1 in Apr under that F1 status. As I already have another Masters in Finance degree from a top ranked university, he was saying I would be in advanced quota so I won't have to go through lottery selection for visa. I have 2 years of work experience too.

Now coming to my problem, that consultant didn't give me any list of good courses that are in reasonable range too. I don't even know exactly what these kind of programs are called and how to search for them. I also read somewhere else on the forum that since this education will be only for the purpose of employment, I can run into issues with visa office. I have no problem studying again, but I don't want to spend much and want to increase my chance of getting H1.
    - Does anyone have list of good accredited courses that are within 8000$ (as I had already spent too much on my masters) & do they start in January?

Last edited by samlynn; 08-04-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ppgupt1;321060]@arviscorpi

You can apply at colleges like ITU and Sullivan College where tuition fees is very low and classes are at weekends online classes.

Comment

Hi,

Can you help in providing me few consultancies who help in same situation, I am looking for my wife but unable to find any trusted cons ???

Originally posted by arviscorpi View Post
        Hi,

Comment

Please donot email me asking on how to convert h4 visa to h1b visa

**** * PLEASE DONOT EMAIL ME ASKING ON HOW TO CONVERT H4 VISA TO H1B VISA **** **

**** *Administrator of this website is not willing to delete my email ID from this page **** *

Answer to all your queries is mentioned below:
          1. Few of my friend's friend took admission in colleges which offer CPT are KSI,Skokie in IL and Sullivan University. They offer one year CPT and have classes on weekends and online classes.
          2. Take admission on your risk only since I never took admission in such colleges. I heard that USCIS doesnot consider these colleges valid and you may have problems while converting CPT to H1b visa.
          3. I never inquired if my friend's friend were able to convert their CPT to H1b visa.
          4. I, myself is taking admission for PHD programs....

**** * PLEASE DONOT EMAIL ME ASKING ON HOW TO CONVERT H4 VISA TO H1B VISA **** **

All the best

Comment

I recently switched from B1/B2 to F1 and find myself an IT job being on CPT - fulltime.

Is that something you are asking about. It is worth if you go to a college for a Master's which will later pay off by getting 29 months on OPT if you go for STEM program.

Wishing you all the very best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X