Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working for new employer without H1-b visa stamp

Hi there,

I'm currently working for my employer on an L1-B visa and this is the stamp I have in my passport. At the same time they successfully applied for me to gain an H1-b visa which I have not yet 'activated' since i have not left the country since I've been issued the visa.

My question is: can I work for a new employer using my unused H1b visa without leaving the country to get the stamp in my passport for my existing H1b visa? I'm not sure the implications so it would be great to have some advice.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Ralf1985 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm currently working for my employer on an L1-B visa and this is the stamp I have in my passport. At the same time they successfully applied for me to gain an H1-b visa which I have not yet 'activated' since i have not left the country since I've been issued the visa.

My question is: can I work for a new employer using my unused H1b visa without leaving the country to get the stamp in my passport for my existing H1b visa? I'm not sure the implications so it would be great to have some advice.

Thanks!
    Was L1 to H1 applied as COS or Consular process? Irrespective, it should be possible to port the H1 petition to another employer and work for them. You should work with new employer after the H1 transfer is approved. Also , as and when you leave US, in order to re enter you would need to get a new H1 stamping done at a US consulate and will be able to enter US on H1 only after getting H1 stamped in your passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X