Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Expiration Date

Hello experts,

I have a question on H1b visa expiration date.

I came to United States on L1B visa on 1st March, 2010 - for employer A.
    I got my H1 COS, starting from 1st Oct, 2012 - for employer B. In my approved H1, expiration date shows as "30th Sept, 2015".
    I changed my employer in May 2013 and got my new H1b approved - for employer C. In my new approved H1b, expiration date is "31st May, 2016".

My question : which is the actual last date of my H1 Visa, 30th Sept 2015 or 31st May 2016?

Also I haven't got my visa stamped yet.

Sammy

Originally posted by coolsammy View Post
    Hello experts,

I have a question on H1b visa expiration date.

I came to United States on L1B visa on 1st March, 2010 - for employer A.
    I got my H1 COS, starting from 1st Oct, 2012 - for employer B. In my approved H1, expiration date shows as "30th Sept, 2015".
    I changed my employer in May 2013 and got my new H1b approved - for employer C. In my new approved H1b, expiration date is "31st May, 2016".

My question : which is the actual last date of my H1 Visa, 30th Sept 2015 or 31st May 2016?

Also I haven't got my visa stamped yet.

Sammy
    Visa, petition, status, I-94 are different things.

As you currently dont have a visa technically you dont have a last date of visa. But for the sake of simplicity, you can stay in US and work with employer C till the I-94 date that came attached with the approved petition of employer C OR till 6 Years physical stay is completed (as L1+H1 can max be for 6 Years) , whichever is earlier.

In order for you to stay beyond 6th Year, you need to have your GC PERM filed at least 365 days before 6th Year completion.

Also, if at all you leave US in between now and then, you would have to go for a stamping and , if approved, will re enter and will be issued a new I-94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X