Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to Puerto Rico...

Here is my scene..

My H1 stamping and I94 expired. Applied for h1 extension and is yet to be approved. I have a valid DL.
    Can I travel to Puerto Rico and come back with out any immigration issues?

Thanks in Advance.

Puerto Rico is part of the U.S., although not a state or formal territory (has "commonwealth" status).

Because of its proximity to Haiti, Cuba and Dominican Republic, there is much illegal immigration attempts from Puerto Rico to U.S., so immigration staff look for anyone that appears 'non-USA' and may ask to see proof of status. I would not recommend you making this trip until you get your status updated.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jonnasn View Post
    Here is my scene..

My H1 stamping and I94 expired. Applied for h1 extension and is yet to be approved. I have a valid DL.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

If you go to PR, take proof that you've applied to extend your H1 visa.

Comment

Though a part of the U.S., immigration checks when flying back to the U.S. are quite common. If your status is in limbo (extension not approved), you might be at risk returning to the mainland. My 12-year-old daughter was "challenged" by an immigration officer and asked to respond in English so he could gauge her American status before boarding a plan back to Miami.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jonnasn View Post
        Here is my scene..

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X