Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for using approved H1B petition which was not stamped but expired

Hi,

I have an approved H1B petition on Nov 2010 which was not stamped but expired on Feb 2012. This was filed by my previous employer.

Now I got an offer from a new employer and they are ready to sponsor me. Is it possible for the new employer to use previous employer's approved petition which was expired and not stamped? If so, what documents or details I need from my previous petition?

H1b petition approved and Visa Stamped. Not travel to USA. Petition Expired

Hi,

Even i am on the same boat. I have H1b petition approved for 1 year and got visa stamping done. But I could not travel to USA.
    Now the same petition has expired. Please can anyone advise whether could I reuse the expired petition for H1b transfer with my prospective employer.

Thanks & Regards

Comment

In my case I never got it stamped.

Comment

Any help on this query is highly appreciated

Comment

The least you would need is the receipt number (but some employer's might insist on the approval notice copy), if you have a copy of the approval notice it will be much smoother for the next employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have the receipt number. But I have only the soft copy of the previous approval notice. Is that sufficient or the original hard copy is required?

Comment

Originally posted by azhar.ss View Post
              Thanks for your response. Yes, I have the receipt number. But I have only the soft copy of the previous approval notice. Is that sufficient or the original hard copy is required?
              Some employer's insist on copy, some manage with the receipt number. Ask your next employer if they are fine with the soft copy its how their immigration lawyers can take the case.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X