Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamped but need to transfer while being in India

Hi All,
    I have my H1-B Stamped through company A this month while being in India but they dont have a project for now. I have few questions regarding the same.

1. Can i get my H1-B transferred while being in India itself. If not then what is the solution to work in US for now.

2. If Company B files a H1-B transfer then what is the processing time and how soon can i travel to US.

3. If H1-B transfer filed is rejected then still am i eligible to go to US with my current H1-B stamp with Comany A and work for them.

Can you all please guide me for the same.

Regards
    Akash

Originally posted by akash2511 View Post
    Hi All,
    I have my H1-B Stamped through company A this month while being in India but they dont have a project for now. I have few questions regarding the same.

1. Can i get my H1-B transferred while being in India itself. If not then what is the solution to work in US for now.

2. If Company B files a H1-B transfer then what is the processing time and how soon can i travel to US.

3. If H1-B transfer filed is rejected then still am i eligible to go to US with my current H1-B stamp with Comany A and work for them.

Can you all please guide me for the same.

Regards
    Akash
    1. Yes it is possible if you can find an employer who is willing to petition you.
    2. It can take anywhere from 3 Weeks to few months depending upon employer/project/client/premium-non premium processing.
    3. Yes as long as current company petition is valid.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X