Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B V- H4 COS (Change of Status)

Hi ,

I have H1b visa and my petition is valid till Dec, 2015. I have few concerns below

1. Due to some reasons i want to get this changed to H4 visa for 6 months , I think I have to apply COS (Change of Status) for this. Please let me know which form needs to be fill for this. Also, please confirm me the process.

2. When should i resign in current company, after getting H4 visa? Or do i need to resign 1st and then apply COS for H4

3. if i want to resume to work and get H1B, do i need to reapply a new petition , or based on the existing petition which is valid till Dec,2015, I can get Change of Status from H4-H1b visa

Thanks in advance

Thanks.

Originally posted by Asheemagarg View Post
    Hi ,

I have H1b visa and my petition is valid till Dec, 2015. I have few concerns below

1. Due to some reasons i want to get this changed to H4 visa for 6 months , I think I have to apply COS (Change of Status) for this. Please let me know which form needs to be fill for this. Also, please confirm me the process.

2. When should i resign in current company, after getting H4 visa? Or do i need to resign 1st and then apply COS for H4

3. if i want to resume to work and get H1B, do i need to reapply a new petition , or based on the existing petition which is valid till Dec,2015, I can get Change of Status from H4-H1b visa

Thanks in advance

Thanks.
    1. I539 form. Process is listed , https://www.immihelp.com/sample-inst...visitors-visa/
    2. On the receipted date.
    3. No need for new I797 but you would have to file a H4 to H1 COS again, that will involve i539 and I129.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X