Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension - Project End date- Client Letter

Hello,

I have a situation in which i have applied for 7th year extension based on I140 approval. I have been given an RFE from USCIS asking for a client letter.
    My current H1 expires on May 5 2014.
    My client did provide a letter, but the project end date is mentioned as March 31 2014 and forecasted length of engagement is Dec 31 2015.
    Would the project end date impact my chances for approval.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello,

I have a situation in which i have applied for 7th year extension based on I140 approval. I have been given an RFE from USCIS asking for a client letter.
    My current H1 expires on May 5 2014.
    My client did provide a letter, but the project end date is mentioned as March 31 2014 and forecasted length of engagement is Dec 31 2015.
    Would the project end date impact my chances for approval.

Thanks for your help.
    Why the discrepancy?

Comment

The exact wording in the letter says

"IN this instance ,[Client] and [Vendor] has agreed to extend on of these projects [Project Name] to March 31 2014.Although a given SOW may be based on project milestones,We forecast this engagement will be extended on an annual basis through December 31,2015".

WOuld this cause any issues with the extension or should i request client for any changes.

Comment

The letter doesnt explicitly state till when your services would be required. The letter should explicitly state your name, what you would be working on and till when your services would be required. The clearer the client letter the easier it would be for you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I haven't put full letter in the post. The letter starts with the "This letter describes my understanding of the service agreement between [Client] and [Vendor],specially in reference to [ME] and to detail his job duties.". This letter goes to define my job duties along with my name as you mentioned in your previous post.

My concern were two different dates -Project End date (March31 2014) and Foretasted date (December 31 2015).

"IN this instance ,[Client] and [Vendor] has agreed to extend on of these projects [Project Name] to March 31 2014.Although a given SOW may be based on project milestones,We forecast this engagement will be extended on an annual basis through December 31,2015".

The project end date is before my current H1 expiry date.

Comment

Well as I said the clearer the letter is. The way I read it , this letter is confusing as technically you are working in this project hence your work will finish on March 31st 2014. Further, it sounds that beyond March 31st 2014, if the engagement is extended till Dec 2015 or not is still open to discussion and not yet contractually signed.

How difficult it is to get a clearer letter stating that you would be required to work on XYZ project OR with the engagement till Dec 2015 if that actually is the reality?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X