Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor in between client and Employer is it Issue at POE

Hi Frends,
    I am planing to travel back to US after 6 mts in india. My new employer has a vendor in between the client. so the client is not a direct client of my employer there is a xyz vendor in between. My concern is will there be an issue? will i be asked for any documentation or any questions at the POE? do i have to be aware of any thing before entering US in this scenario. the employer is just a consultant with around 300 employees placed in US does this matter?
    BTW I have a valid stamped visa(from old employer) and will be travelling on a new employer's new petition.
    Please guide me since i am evaluating the risk of deportation.
    Thanks & Regards,
    buntzzz

Originally posted by buntz View Post
    Hi Frends,
    I am planing to travel back to US after 6 mts in india. My new employer has a vendor in between the client. so the client is not a direct client of my employer there is a xyz vendor in between. My concern is will there be an issue? will i be asked for any documentation or any questions at the POE? do i have to be aware of any thing before entering US in this scenario. the employer is just a consultant with around 300 employees placed in US does this matter?
    BTW I have a valid stamped visa(from old employer) and will be travelling on a new employer's new petition.
    Please guide me since i am evaluating the risk of deportation.
    Thanks & Regards,
    buntzzz
    I dont see much of an issue as long as you are on the payrolls of the employer who filed your petition and got it approved and your employer has exclusive control over your work. Which client you eventually work for while on the payrolls of your employer is not generally a concern at the Port Of Entry (unless of course if the end client is in some shady anti govt business). It sure can be an issue when you go for stamping and extensions later on with USCIS questioning the validity of employee-employer relationship.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I dont see much of an issue as long as you are on the payrolls of the employer who filed your petition and got it approved and your employer has exclusive control over your work. Which client you eventually work for while on the payrolls of your employer is not generally a concern at the Port Of Entry (unless of course if the end client is in some shady anti govt business). It sure can be an issue when you go for stamping and extensions later on with USCIS questioning the validity of employee-employer relationship.

Thanks Raghvi for your quick reply.
      One more question popped in my mind. My employer is not showing the client that i am in india during selection process, he has told the client i am in US. Will the client be contacted if i am picked up for level 2 inquiry if it happens?... Are there any instances when the officer at POE asks you about the contact person from client/employer side?

Comment

Its generally the employer on whose petition you are travelling who is contacted first if at all. And someone from the employer should vouch for you saying that you indeed work for them. I havent heard of instances where end client's have been contacted.

Thats the reason you should carry your employer's details with preferably a 24X7 cell number at which the employer or HR of employer could be approached, if at the POE they desire to do so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X