Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa transer while in India

Hello Team,

I am located in India and I had valid H1B visa till end of this year 2014 (Through Company A). I would like to transfer my visa to “Company B” which is in USA.

I need your support on below queries:

1> Time duration to transfer my H1B visa to Company B? Do I need to apply for transfer before April 1st 2014?

2> If my H1B transfer petition with Company B is approved, do I need to attend Visa Interview again in India?

3> If H1B transfer of Company B's petition is approved, can I travel USA with the approved petition of "Company B" and existing visa stamping of "Company A" without attending visa interview in India?

4> If in case my transfer petition is rejected (company B), what will be the status of my existing H1B visa (company A)?

5> If my H1B visa transfer petition is rejected, Can i apply H1B transfer again? If yes, is there time/cap limitation?

Thanks & Regards,
    Raj

Originally posted by cc_raja View Post
    Hello Team,

I am located in India and I had valid H1B visa till end of this year 2014 (Through Company A). I would like to transfer my visa to “Company B” which is in USA.

I need your support on below queries:

1> Time duration to transfer my H1B visa to Company B? Do I need to apply for transfer before April 1st 2014?

2> If my H1B transfer petition with Company B is approved, do I need to attend Visa Interview again in India?

3> If H1B transfer of Company B's petition is approved, can I travel USA with the approved petition of "Company B" and existing visa stamping of "Company A" without attending visa interview in India?

4> If in case my transfer petition is rejected (company B), what will be the status of my existing H1B visa (company A)?

5> If my H1B visa transfer petition is rejected, Can i apply H1B transfer again? If yes, is there time/cap limitation?

Thanks & Regards,
    Raj
    1. Generally within 6 Year of your h1 petition. There is no 01-April-2014 restriction for your case.
    2. Not required till your current visa is valid.
    3. Yes.
    4. It will still be valid.
    5. Yes. As said within 6 Years of your current H1 petition validity.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X