Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension - PERM approved, I-140 pending, H1B extension

Hi,

My first H1B is expiring in July, 2014. My employer is preparing to file for an extension. I-140 is pending with an approved PERM labor certification.

My question is:

Am I eligible for a 3 year H1B extension without filing a labor certification?
    A PERM labor certification application has been approved and I-140 is pending currently (and priority is not current),

My employer is a non-profit organization/research institution.

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by kuugrak View Post
    Hi,

My first H1B is expiring in July, 2014. My employer is preparing to file for an extension. I-140 is pending with an approved PERM labor certification.

My question is:

Am I eligible for a 3 year H1B extension without filing a labor certification?
    A PERM labor certification application has been approved and I-140 is pending currently (and priority is not current),

My employer is a non-profit organization/research institution.

Thank you for your help.
    I believe 3 Year extension is allowed only if I140 is approved. Why dont you premium process I140 and get it approved ASAP in order to get 3 Year. With only PERM approved you would get only 1 Year extensions.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Hey I missed the part that its your first H1B. H1B is for 6 Years and if you have used only 3 Years then yes, you should be eligible for the next 3 Years extension irrespective your PERM/I140 status, if employer can show work for you.

Last edited by raghvi; 01-17-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I believe 3 Year extension is allowed only if I140 is approved. Why dont you premium process I140 and get it approved ASAP in order to get 3 Year. With only PERM approved you would get only 1 Year extensions.

Hey I missed the part that its your first H1B. H1B is for 6 Years and if you have used only 3 Years then yes, you should be eligible for the next 3 Years extension irrespective your PERM/I140 status, if employer can show work for you.

Thank you for your comment.

Here is the second part of question:

Is my employer supposed to file for a labor certificate application as part of the application for a 3-year extension? The approved LCA from the initial H1B application is expiring in July, 2014 but I-140 is pending with approved PERM.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by kuugrak View Post
        Thank you for your comment.

Here is the second part of question:

Is my employer supposed to file for a labor certificate application as part of the application for a 3-year extension? The approved LCA from the initial H1B application is expiring in July, 2014 but I-140 is pending with approved PERM.

Thank you for your help!
        Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X