renew i94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renew i94

Hi my i94 is expiring in march 2014 but usa h4 visa is valid till july 2014. In that case can you advise how can i extend my i94?
    Few suggested me a one day travel to mexico so that on return they will issue a new i94.! Does that work or any other way?

renew i94

Do you have any plan to extend your stay after July 2014? When is your spouse I 94 expiry? If it is close and your spouse planning to apply for H1 extension, then you can ask your spouse to apply before your i94 expire, so that you can apply along with your spouse h1 extension.

In this case, you don't have to go out of country just to get the new I94.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Well so my spouse's I94 is good till July 2014 as well. His employer just applied for a PERM application in Sept 2013 so not sure if we need to apply a H1b extension. HOwever my spouse is checking with his employer if they can apply his extension.

Also if my spouse's employer applies/ does not apply for a H1 extension before march do we need to go out of the country for a day and come back in ?

Please advise.

Comment

renew i94

Nothing to do with PERM process as it is for future employment. Even if Its get approved, you have long way to to get your green card and until then you have to maintain your h1/h4 status. So, he need to apply for extension before I 94 expiry anyways.

To Answer your question, Yes, You can go out of country to get new I 94. Generally, The officers at POE would match up I94 with your valid visa stamp date and you have a better chance.

This is my opinion and I am not an immigration expert.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X