Indian citizen with Canadian PR and H1B work permit for USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian citizen with Canadian PR and H1B work permit for USA

As many of you might know, finding a job in Canada is so tough. I want to know if I can work in the USA on H1B and live in Canada as I'm a canadian resident and Indian citizen. Just exploring the possibilities of working in the USA close to the border. Anyone has any suggestions or feedback or experience?

Originally posted by sandyr75 View Post
    As many of you might know, finding a job in Canada is so tough. I want to know if I can work in the USA on H1B and live in Canada as I'm a canadian resident and Indian citizen. Just exploring the possibilities of working in the USA close to the border. Anyone has any suggestions or feedback or experience?
    When you work outside US there is no meaning to your H1. You are in H1 status only when you are in US territory.

Yes, you would have to check that you are not violating any Canadian PR requirement by working for a US company while in Canada.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When you work outside US there is no meaning to your H1. You are in H1 status only when you are in US territory.

Yes, you would have to check that you are not violating any Canadian PR requirement by working for a US company while in Canada.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

So does that mean I can work in the USA with H1B permit travelling across the border without any issues?

Does anyone have any experiences of this type that they can share?

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X