Query on H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1B Transfer

Currently, I am working with Company A in India. A US based Company B, filed for my H1B in 2013 and it got approved. The I797B Approval Notice obtained through Company B is valid till 2016. I have not worked with Company B and have not done a stamping yet with this approval notice. The question is,

1. Can this H1B be transferred to another Company C at this point and if yes,
    a. Will it need to go through the lottery process again in April 2014
    b. How long could this process take with normal as well as premium processing.
    c. What are the risks involved.

Originally posted by kmanohar02 View Post
    Currently, I am working with Company A in India. A US based Company B, filed for my H1B in 2013 and it got approved. The I797B Approval Notice obtained through Company B is valid till 2016. I have not worked with Company B and have not done a stamping yet with this approval notice. The question is,

1. Can this H1B be transferred to another Company C at this point and if yes,
    a. Will it need to go through the lottery process again in April 2014
    b. How long could this process take with normal as well as premium processing.
    c. What are the risks involved.
    1. Yes.
    a. No.
    b. 3-4 weeks premium processing, 2-3 Months normal processing. If no RFEs.
    c. genuineness of employer C, in their ability to provide client letter and supporting documents for you to go confidently to the consulate and face the interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X