Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

Hi,

I am working for a company A on L1 and after that, Company B sponsored H1 (from OCT'05).But still working for Company A, Company A Doesn't know about H1 and got offer from Company C. To join Company C, whether i can do H1 transfer with out working for Company B?

If this is not possible Can Company C file for a fresh H1 now since I have an an approved h1 already ?

Thanks,

Hi Krish,
    If your H1B petition was filed along with a change of status petition, then you ought to have started working for h1B employer. If you are still working for your L1 employer, you might be out of status. By the way you will be allowed to transfer from one H1B to another only when you have been maintaining H1B status. You should do the needful to ensure that you are now in status otherwise all further stamping for you, your dependants and your visitors are at stake.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for the reply !

I have not applied for a status change from L1 to H1. I was under the impression that I will not be out of status if I do not apply for the status change along with my H1 application.Please let me know if this is right.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X