Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 query

https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

H4 visa category says that the spouse needs to carry the original Notice of Action and I-129. those docs are with me and im in the usa. my spouse is in india . do i have to send these docs in original to my spouse for her to apply for visa appointment?

pls help

I would send the originals thru USPS Priority or FEDEX depending on ow soon the appointment is. FEDEX delivers in 3 working days.

Comment

H4 visa question

Yes. They need original I-797 and I-129. As suggested earlier, send those to her by USPS or FEDEX. I sent those to my wife to Bombay using USPS's Global delivery option. It costed me $17, lot cheaper than FedEx. However, FedEx guarantees delivery in 3 days upto final destination but costs about $50. USPS allows tracking upto India but does not guarantee delivery upto its final destination. It can only promise timely delivery upto Indian postal service. The packet I sent to my wife reached her within 5 business days.

Good luck!

Comment

Spouse Name in Passport

I gather your wife is going to bombay consulate. Did u happen to get your name endorsed in her passport. Or is it required by Mumbai consulate.

Thanks,
        Vijay

Comment

H4 visa

maranvijay,

I guess your question was directed to me. No, I did not get my name endoresed on her passport. Actually the change in name does not happen as an endorsement on the passport. The spouse actually gets a new passport with her married name. I had emailed Mumbai consulate couple of weeks ago and below is what they replied back:

"It is advisable but not mandatory to have the husband's name or married name on the passport. But if your wife wishes to apply with a passport in her maiden name then the visa will be issued on the maiden name."

Vijay

Comment

Hi,

Actually I am also in same situation but yesterday my wife went for H4 in chennail. She had only copy of my Approval notice and I-129. also she did not carry the entire wedding album. Still she was given visa. They didnot even ask abouth the originals. Ofcourse she had all other orginal documnets like pay stubs and W2s.

Thnaks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X