Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B question

Hi,

I started my MS from Clemson University, a well-known and accredited university in 2008. I finished four semesters till 2010 and then went back to my home country due to unavoidable personal reasons. I returned in 2013 to finish my program and finish the last semester. However, I was given a pink 221(g) form asking for a letter from my research adviser and a statement of my purpose in going back. I did that. My F-1 visa was approved promptly.

Unfortunately, during the semester I accrued a 'public drunk' charge--a Class C Misdemeanor. I am presently working on OPT for an e-verified company. I will be filing for H1B soon.

What is the likelihood that I will get my H1B visa? Can anyone help? I am worried sick and feeling quite hellish.

Originally posted by h1b_ques View Post
    Hi,

I started my MS from Clemson University, a well-known and accredited university in 2008. I finished four semesters till 2010 and then went back to my home country due to unavoidable personal reasons. I returned in 2013 to finish my program and finish the last semester. However, I was given a pink 221(g) form asking for a letter from my research adviser and a statement of my purpose in going back. I did that. My F-1 visa was approved promptly.

Unfortunately, during the semester I accrued a 'public drunk' charge--a Class C Misdemeanor. I am presently working on OPT for an e-verified company. I will be filing for H1B soon.

What is the likelihood that I will get my H1B visa? Can anyone help? I am worried sick and feeling quite hellish.
    Hello, H1B_Ques.

I am not sure, but i do not feel this is a very serious offence. Personal opinion.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X