Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help - required - 6years on work permit

Hello

I recently joined this forum in the hope that i would some help with my situation :

1. i was on L1b from 2006 june - 2008 april
    2. then went back to india fr abt 5month and came back on h4 visa till 2009 dec
    3.i gt my h1b in Jan 2010 and till feb 2014 i am on h1b (with just a couple of months of trip to india)

When i calculated my duration on my work permit, i see that my 6years complete on May 1st 2014. Can someone please suggest what is the best way to renew my work eligibility ? i intend to stay in india for abt a year from april 2014 to april 2015 . If i do so , can i apply fr h1b from india in april 2014 and travel back after a year?

please advice.

Cheers
    Anu

Originally posted by anusuya View Post
    Hello

I recently joined this forum in the hope that i would some help with my situation :

1. i was on L1b from 2006 june - 2008 april
    2. then went back to india fr abt 5month and came back on h4 visa till 2009 dec
    3.i gt my h1b in Jan 2010 and till feb 2014 i am on h1b (with just a couple of months of trip to india)

When i calculated my duration on my work permit, i see that my 6years complete on May 1st 2014. Can someone please suggest what is the best way to renew my work eligibility ? i intend to stay in india for abt a year from april 2014 to april 2015 . If i do so , can i apply fr h1b from india in april 2014 and travel back after a year?

please advice.

Cheers
    Anu
    I believe you would need to apply in the cap AFTER completion of 1 Year of stay outside US. That is, apply in April 2015 with a start date of Oct 2015.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I believe you would need to apply in the cap AFTER completion of 1 Year of stay outside US. That is, apply in April 2015 with a start date of Oct 2015.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      thank you so much !!! i really appreciate it!

Cheers
      Anu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X