Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Transfer......what is the right time to serve notice period and resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer......what is the right time to serve notice period and resign?

Hi

Previously I was having L1 visa and I transferred it to H1 and I am working with compA from last 2 months on H1 visa, I will be applying for my H1 transfer in this week, so wanted to clarify few things before transfer takes place.

--Will it create any prob in H1 transfer.
    --When should I inform my present company (comp A) about my transfer, so that if H1 transfer gets denied from compA to compB, I would not get in to OutofStatus and can work for the compA.
    --Is there any way that they can know about my transfer
    --I also have to serve 15 days notice period with compA, so what will be the right time to inform them and server the notice period and join compB.
    --Is there a date on H1 transfer that I have to join the compB (new comp) on that date.
    --If my H1 transfer gets approved from compA to compB, can i still work for compA and do compA needs to apply for my transfer again from compB to compA?

Thanks

Originally posted by nanuu View Post
    Hi

Previously I was having L1 visa and I transferred it to H1 and I am working with compA from last 2 months on H1 visa, I will be applying for my H1 transfer in this week, so wanted to clarify few things before transfer takes place.

--Will it create any prob in H1 transfer.
    --When should I inform my present company (comp A) about my transfer, so that if H1 transfer gets denied from compA to compB, I would not get in to OutofStatus and can work for the compA.
    --Is there any way that they can know about my transfer
    --I also have to serve 15 days notice period with compA, so what will be the right time to inform them and server the notice period and join compB.
    --Is there a date on H1 transfer that I have to join the compB (new comp) on that date.
    --If my H1 transfer gets approved from compA to compB, can i still work for compA and do compA needs to apply for my transfer again from compB to compA?

Thanks
    While filing a I129 there is a section of "Intended Date of Employment" your future employer can give a future date and accordingly , if approved, you can give your notice. To better decide it will be easier if you file as premium processing.

Example, if the intended date of start of employment is 15-Mar-2014 then you can file a transfer in premium on 01-Feb-2014, by 20-25th Feb a decision would be made and if approved, you can resign on 28th Feb-2014 allowing you two weeks notice and a job on 15-Mar-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank You Raghvi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X