Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Approved once and expired. Am I need to wait for Quota to apply again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approved once and expired. Am I need to wait for Quota to apply again?

Hi,

I was there in USA from April 2007 to April 2013. Initially I came on L1B but later comp has applied H1 and got it on Nov 2011. I have moved to India as I have completed 6 years by April 2013 (just left 3 weeks before) in USA and labor pitition was pending (this was applied on Jan 2013). I am planning to stay one year outside which I am going to complete it in next 2 months. I am planning to request my comp to process H1 again. I would like to know am I eligible to H1 cap exemption?

Thanks,
    Malli

Originally posted by Mallii View Post
    Hi,

I was there in USA from April 2007 to April 2013. Initially I came on L1B but later comp has applied H1 and got it on Nov 2011. I have moved to India as I have completed 6 years by April 2013 (just left 3 weeks before) in USA and labor pitition was pending (this was applied on Jan 2013). I am planning to stay one year outside which I am going to complete it in next 2 months. I am planning to request my comp to process H1 again. I would like to know am I eligible to H1 cap exemption?

Thanks,
    Malli
    To the Best of my knowledge -- No . Your is a brand new case , and with the cool off period (1 yr) given , your application would be considered a fresh along with people applying first time this year.
    Unless you want an H1 extension (based on filed labor/approved I-140) , it would be a brand new case and would be considered in line with other applicants.
    This is my opinion and does not consider a legal advise . you may consult an immigration attorney to be double sure.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X