Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expenses payment from Vendors

Hi,

Currently my employer who has sponsored my H1 takes away my overtime hrs payment and gives me only 40 % of it.
    Thus I had asked my vendor to provide me the overtime working hours as expenses, such as Per diem, Rent, eat-out expenses and flight travel expenses.
    He has my SSN details, so that which ever is tax deductable or not a business expense, he deducts 30 % for tax and pays me the rest (pays thru check).
    Rent is taxable. He claims that other business expenses such as Per-diem, eat-out expenses and flight travel expenses are all business expenses and are not taxable.

My Question is :
    1. Can he pay me directly for my expenses whithout my employer's knowledge ?
    2. If he pays tax on my name (using my SSN), will I be in any sort of trouble while filing tax returns ?
    3. Can this expense payment affect my Green Card approval in future ?

thanks in advance
    vivek

Hi Vivek,
    If there is a discrepancy in the pay reflected in the paystub and the W2s, it is an issue for future visa stampings at consulate in India, either for you or your spouse. I am not sure if it'll affect your GC process. I think it is best for you to contact an attorney in the US.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X