Travel To India With in 6 Months of my H1 Visa Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel To India With in 6 Months of my H1 Visa Expiry

I have a valid H1B visa stamping till September 2014 and valid I 797 till June 2016.
    I am planning go to india in the month of april and return May 1st 2014 to USA.

My question is :Can i travel as my H1b visa stamping expiry is less than 6 months.
    Will Immigration team ask me why i haven't gone for stamping at port of entry. If they ask what will be the best answer.

Please suggest me.

Originally posted by syedjaveds View Post
    I have a valid H1B visa stamping till September 2014 and valid I 797 till June 2016.
    I am planning go to india in the month of april and return May 1st 2014 to USA.

My question is :Can i travel as my H1b visa stamping expiry is less than 6 months.
    Will Immigration team ask me why i haven't gone for stamping at port of entry. If they ask what will be the best answer.

Please suggest me.
    Yes you can travel as long your visa is valid, if they ask you, you can show your approved, I797. Best case you would get an I94 till June 2016, Worst case, you will get an I94 only till Sep 2014, and would need to apply for extension.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X