Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1B Extension during Perm

Hi,
    I am working with Employer A and my current visa expires in Jan 2015. My Employer A has filed for my GC and its in the Perm stage, they have also filed for Extension.

Questions:
    a) What is the H1b extension processing time?
    b) If I get extension till Jan 2016 (1 year perm extension) and if I change my job, will I lose that additional 1 year. (Seems like a stupid question) I guess YES but just want to confirm. Once I go for another employer they will file another H1b transfer and hence I will lose that 1 year.

Is my understanding correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone please reply? Really appreciate your help

Comment

Query on H1B Extension during Perm

Your question is not very clear.

When is your I 94 expires? Why did they apply extension so early? How many years have you spent in H1/L1 in the US?

This is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
        Your question is not very clear.

When is your I 94 expires? Why did they apply extension so early? How many years have you spent in H1/L1 in the US?

This is my opinion
        My I94 expires on May 09th 2014. They applied for the extension because of the same reason. I have spent around 5.25 years in US on H1. My Immigration person said, there is a 365 days rule according to which if my PERM is filed 365 days before the expiration of H1B 6 years then I will get one year extension.

Is that right?

Comment

Yes that is right. If PERM is filed 365 Days or more before the 6th Year completion, only then one is eligible for the 7th Year.

The other way to get extension beyond 6th Year would be to have the I140 approved before end of 6th Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Yes that is right. If PERM is filed 365 Days or more before the 6th Year completion, only then one is eligible for the 7th Year.

The other way to get extension beyond 6th Year would be to have the I140 approved before end of 6th Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Thanks for your response Raghvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X