Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B RFE Regarding Multiple H1B

Hello,

I have worked for my company A on an approved H1B for two years starting August 2012. Between 2012 and now, I have traveled between my home country and America for three times using the documents from Company A.

Every October, I did a consultancy job for another company B, who agreed to sponsor a H1B for me, which they did. This H1b was approved in the first time on October 2012.

However, when the Company B was renewing my H1B petition in 2013, they got a RFE that stated: Since the Company B put in " New Employment" rather than " New Concurrent Employment", my company B H1B approval has made my company A invalid. Therefore they are questioning my legal stay in America. BTW, this was from the california center.

Because of all the hassle, the Company B decided to withdraw their petitions in both 2012 and 2013.

I have done a lot of research and my understanding was the RFE from the California center was incorrect. This was supported by one attorney I consulted as well. I have two questions:

1. I am about to extend my H1B with company A. In case I run into this kind of RFE again, what is the legal ground to refute?

2. Company B already withdrew the petitions. However I already worked for them. What will the potential problem be for me?

Thank you very much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X