Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/H1 B max out question

Hi

I came to US on L1 B visa on 2 Dec 2008 for an assignment and worked with that company till 30 April 2009 (5 months).
    Then I moved to my spouse's dependant visa L2 and filed for EAD. But I did not work on that visa.
    I filed for H1 B and worked from 1 Oct 2009 till date (4 years and 4 months). I also went to India on vacation for 3 weeks during that time.
    Now I need help to calculate my visa max out time.
    Do I need to add the time I was on L1 B visa as well? Or did the L1 time get invalid once I went on dependant visa?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by neets126 View Post
    Hi

I came to US on L1 B visa on 2 Dec 2008 for an assignment and worked with that company till 30 April 2009 (5 months).
    Then I moved to my spouse's dependant visa L2 and filed for EAD. But I did not work on that visa.
    I filed for H1 B and worked from 1 Oct 2009 till date (4 years and 4 months). I also went to India on vacation for 3 weeks during that time.
    Now I need help to calculate my visa max out time.
    Do I need to add the time I was on L1 B visa as well? Or did the L1 time get invalid once I went on dependant visa?

Thanks for your help.
    Yes, the time on L1 would be added, the time doesnt get added only if the person stay outside for an entire year and then files a fresh H1/L1 petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X