Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer to the client company

Hi ,

I have been working for an indian company(A) at the client location(B) in California for last 3 months on H1B. My client has expressed desire to hire me full time with the condition that i have to resign from my company(A) and then in a day or two they will apply for the H1B transfer. They say i can join them once i receive my transfer receipt number and they would file H1B premium transfer for it.

My questions:
    1. Should i go for the risk and resign with A and join B on the receipt number as the perks and benefits are too tempting?
    2. My wife is on H4 with me. Supposing i go with above option, do we also need to change her H4 petition?

I would appreciate if you can help with these answers.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
    Bruno2014

H1B transfer to the client company

1. No, I would recommend you to join once the petition get approve. Have them apply H1 transfer in premium and wait for that to get approve. You will get the decision in 15 days as they are applying in premium process. DO NOT just resign. Anything may happen and you will be the sole responsible for your own decision.

2. If your wife I 94 is valid, you don't have to do anything. You just need to apply for extension when it is going to expire. Nothing to do with your job change.

Hope this helps😊

~Ka3

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X