Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of getting h1-b with my education/experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of getting h1-b with my education/experience?

I achieved a 2:1 in BSc Information and Communications Technology and I have 18 months experience in the field I want to go into (IT Support).

Do I even stand a chance of getting a company to sponsor me for a job? I'm looking at Virginia or DC as that's where I have relations.

Thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by Ed Briscoe View Post
    I achieved a 2:1 in BSc Information and Communications Technology and I have 18 months experience in the field I want to go into (IT Support).

Do I even stand a chance of getting a company to sponsor me for a job? I'm looking at Virginia or DC as that's where I have relations.

Thanks for any advice.
    Hello, Ed.

Yes. There should be companies willing to sponsor you with your Background and Education. What matters is whether they see a fit. If some company does and is willing to sponsor, i see no reason why you should not get the H1B visa.

Also, may i ask which country are you from?

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Ed.

Yes. There should be companies willing to sponsor you with your Background and Education. What matters is whether they see a fit. If some company does and is willing to sponsor, i see no reason why you should not get the H1B visa.

Also, may i ask which country are you from?

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
      England.

Do you know of any websites or places to look and apply for jobs? I found a lot of dodgey sites wanting money for services.
      Last edited by Ed Briscoe; 02-10-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Briscoe View Post
        England.

Do you know of any websites or places to look and apply for jobs? I found a lot of dodgey sites wanting money for services.
        One needs to have US bachelor's or equivalent to be eligible for H1. I dont think with your education and experience you qualify. Do talk to an attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X