Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Sponsor from US

Hello,

I am working with Indian company and I had got sponsor(Employer) from friend's reference for H1B last year, and I will be appearing for visa interview this month.

I have seen VO ask ppl question like "How did you get to know your employer" OR "- How your petitioner hired you?"

In my case I was hired by friend'd reference, which i think is not right thing to tell VO. What should be safe answer here?

Please advise.

Originally posted by test2244 View Post
    Hello,

I am working with Indian company and I had got sponsor(Employer) from friend's reference for H1B last year, and I will be appearing for visa interview this month.

I have seen VO ask ppl question like "How did you get to know your employer" OR "- How your petitioner hired you?"

In my case I was hired by friend'd reference, which i think is not right thing to tell VO. What should be safe answer here?

Please advise.
    Hello, Test2244.

If i was in your place i would say that i was contacted by the employer / sponsor. I think they saw my resume, that i had uploaded on a job portal (Naukri.com).

Also, whatever you answer, beforehand try to get a picture of what could be the next question by the Visa Officer - that will help you. E.g.: If you say you uploaded the resume on Naukri.com and the employer called you, the officer might ask that when you uploaded your resume, were you looking for an Indian project or overseas one. Just getting a mental picture of what you would say shall be helpful.

These interviews are largely about confidence. If you act calm and confident, you will be able to pull it off.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X