Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Can I move to new company with H1 Approved

Hello Guys...

I work for an IT company X and they have filed an H1 for me- and its in approved status for 2 years(not stamped).I have got only the receipt number as a proof of that, as the company didnt share any other details.Now the problem is my current project manager is not willing to send me to onsite anytime soon and they keep on extending the date because they want me to work in my offshore project for one more year.They keep on giving false promises and finally I've decided to switch the company.
    1) I want to know if a new company Y can use this same Visa and send me to US?
    2) I have only the receipt number of my approved Visa, can I give that to company Y or some more details are required?
    3) Please let me know any other things to be taken care of in my case?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Awaiting reply...

Originally posted by tina888 View Post
    Hello Guys...

I work for an IT company X and they have filed an H1 for me- and its in approved status for 2 years(not stamped).I have got only the receipt number as a proof of that, as the company didnt share any other details.Now the problem is my current project manager is not willing to send me to onsite anytime soon and they keep on extending the date because they want me to work in my offshore project for one more year.They keep on giving false promises and finally I've decided to switch the company.
    1) I want to know if a new company Y can use this same Visa and send me to US?
    2) I have only the receipt number of my approved Visa, can I give that to company Y or some more details are required?
    3) Please let me know any other things to be taken care of in my case?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Awaiting reply...
    Hello, Tina888.

Yes. Another employer can file and sponsor your H1B. The one benefit i see is, you will be cap exempt as you would have been counted in the cap 2 years ago. A petition receipt number should suffice. Some employers might not be ok with it. You might have to check. I feel another company can file for your visa with the receipt number.

In principle, you can move your visa to another company.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Please help - Can I move to new company with H1 Approved

VISA and petition are different.

Any other employer can apply H1 transfer petition based on your existing approved petition (you won't come under quota).

You have to go for VISA stamping for the new approved petition or for the new employer to travel to the USA.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Thankyou all...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X