Urgent - Visa transfer just approved, flight in 2 days, no I797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Visa transfer just approved, flight in 2 days, no I797

Hello. I just got approval of my visa transfer, checked through USCIS site. I have flight in 2 days to join my current company in US. I am now eligible to join new company, but I am not sure how I can travel without I797 document which I can get after a week or more when hard copy is sent to my new company and then to me?

So my question is, can I travel to US for new company with old I797 and visa stamped? How I can convice POE officer why I don't have I797 from new company but still want to go there?

FYI, I never traveled to US and I got visa transfer from India.
    Please reply fast, flight in less than 2 days.

Urgent - Visa transfer just approved, flight in 2 days, no I797

It's not advisable at all. I don't understand how did you block the ticket without even getting your approval. You can reschedule the flight, get the proper documents and then travel. DO NOT complicate yourself and you are only responsible for what you decide.

This is my opinion.

Comment

I think you misunderstood. I have flight ticket to travel to my current company in US, whereas visa transfer I got approval of is new company. Now I want to join new company, but have flight to old company, what is the right way to join new company without joining old company in US?

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      It's not advisable at all. I don't understand how did you block the ticket without even getting your approval. You can reschedule the flight, get the proper documents and then travel. DO NOT complicate yourself and you are only responsible for what you decide.

This is my opinion.

Comment

You need to show the I797 of the company you will be working for upon entry to the US, any other I797, you could potentially be deported back. As mentioned by fellow Member, postpone the ticket, and travel with new petition later on OR join the current company upon entry and file a transfer again to the new company.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X