Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2 to First time H1B applicant - what are restrictions for changing jobs, if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to First time H1B applicant - what are restrictions for changing jobs, if any?

Hi all,

I am currently on dependant F2 visa. My spouse on F1 got full-time job in US, so now I am planning to apply for jobs as well, basically from F2 to H1B.

I have previously done MS from US a few years ago, so I am eligible for US Masters quota. However I went back home after finishing degree, so this will be my first H1B application.

I'm talking to some recruitment / consulting agencies to place me with clients. I want to know what are the restrictions for change of job?

1, If my H1B is approved by Employer A, but I get another job with Employer B before Oct 1 --> do I have to start with Employer A itself, or can I transfer that H1B to Emp B?

2. Is there any minimum period of time you are expected to stay with an employer on your H1b?

EDIT: Some questions on travel as well

3. If my H1B is approved, what happens to my existing F2 status?

4. If my H1B is approved, then I will travel to India to get it stamped. My husband will start work in US on his OPT in June July.
    When is the earliest I can return to US after H1B stamping? If I am returning before Oct 1st, then what visa status should I enter the US on? I also have B1/B2 visa.

Thanks.

Apologies if this question has been asked before - I searched the forums but couldnt find anything.
    Last edited by lin24; 02-15-2014, 09:23 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X