No announcement yet.

H4 Visa for Spouse (Marriage in April)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa for Spouse (Marriage in April)

Folks,
    I am getting married in April, 2014 and would like to seek few clarifications regarding H4 visa for my spouse. I am currently working with one of the top 5 Indian IT company -

1. How much time does it to get H4 visa (From initial filing to stamping approval)
    2. Post marriage, I prefer both of us coming back together. What can be done to get spouse visa within 1 week after marriage? I intend to stay for 2 weeks (1 week before marriage and 1 week after marriage).
    3. is there a possibility to get marriage certificate/spouse visa before marriage (we are going for court marriage)
    4. Any other option from community to get spouse visa within 1 week after marriage?

Much appreciated.

Regards
    Tarun

Request response from Gurus on this forum...it's bit of urgent...

Thanks
    Tarun

Comment

Originally posted by MBATechGrad View Post
      Request response from Gurus on this forum...it's bit of urgent...

Thanks
      Tarun
      1. It depends upon the availability of interview slots.
      2. Its not in your hand as said, it depends upon the interview slots. Why not go ahead fill the DS-160 now and take appointment for H4 interview around the dates you want to?
      3. You cannot get marriage certificate before marrying, but you can certainly fill the DS-160 online and book an appointment date for H4 before marriage. Its only during the interview she would need the marriage certificate.
      4. As said, go ahead fill the DS-160 , pay the fees and book appointment for H4 interview within 1 week of marriage. Then go ahead, get married, and collect the marriage certificate before the H4 interview. Ask spouse to attend H4 interview along with marriage certificate and other relevant H1 documents to prove your valid H1 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

thank you raghvi. appreciate it. you are the best

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        1. It depends upon the availability of interview slots.
        2. Its not in your hand as said, it depends upon the interview slots. Why not go ahead fill the DS-160 now and take appointment for H4 interview around the dates you want to?
        3. You cannot get marriage certificate before marrying, but you can certainly fill the DS-160 online and book an appointment date for H4 before marriage. Its only during the interview she would need the marriage certificate.
        4. As said, go ahead fill the DS-160 , pay the fees and book appointment for H4 interview within 1 week of marriage. Then go ahead, get married, and collect the marriage certificate before the H4 interview. Ask spouse to attend H4 interview along with marriage certificate and other relevant H1 documents to prove your valid H1 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X