Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hello,

My Name is Nabeel and am working for A Company,My Visa is getting expired next month 8th 2014 and I94 on March 14th .I got an offer from B company which i need to join next month 01/2014.Still my company A did not file my visa extension premium process they told by this weekend or next week they may start my visa extension premium process.But Company B is telling confidently that they will transfer my visa and file my extension in premium process.

Please suggest me weather i can join Company B or you want me to wait until i get my visa extension approved.

Thanks,
    Nabeel

Originally posted by nabeel.ashraf.bi View Post
    Hello,

My Name is Nabeel and am working for A Company,My Visa is getting expired next month 8th 2014 and I94 on March 14th .I got an offer from B company which i need to join next month 01/2014.Still my company A did not file my visa extension premium process they told by this weekend or next week they may start my visa extension premium process.But Company B is telling confidently that they will transfer my visa and file my extension in premium process.

Please suggest me weather i can join Company B or you want me to wait until i get my visa extension approved.

Thanks,
    Nabeel
    Whichever company you want to continue work with ask them to file the H1 petition with EOS before current I-94 expiry. I would suggest that you ask Company B to file the transfer. Its not that it would be mandatory to join company B, but yes, if company A doesnt file extension before I-94 then pretty much you would have to join company B upon approval as no other choice. So, in case company A doesnt file extension timely you would have company B to fall upon.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Whichever company you want to continue work with ask them to file the H1 petition with EOS before current I-94 expiry. I would suggest that you ask Company B to file the transfer. Its not that it would be mandatory to join company B, but yes, if company A doesnt file extension before I-94 then pretty much you would have to join company B upon approval as no other choice. So, in case company A doesnt file extension timely you would have company B to fall upon.

Thank You very much Raghvi for your prompt response.

Company B told they will file transfer and extension all together.So i have submitted all the documents what they requested last week.Today i got another mail from my Company A saying that they will file my extension in premium process.Does it impact if i file extension from both the companies.

Please suggest.

Comment

Could any one respond to this?

Thanks,
        Nabeel.

Comment

I see no issues. If both are approved, you can choose whom to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            I see no issues. If both are approved, you can choose whom to work with.

Cool.

How many days it will take to get the transfer receipt number?

Thanks Ragvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X