H1 visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa stamping

I came to US in Jan 2013 on H4 with visa stamped expiry date as Feb 20,2013. My H4 got extended(well before 2/20/2013) till Feb 2014 by my spouse' employer. I filed for H1 last year-2013 and got approval in June 2013 with start date as Oct 1,2013 onwards and valid till Sep 2015. I started working from Nov 2013 to till date. I am planning to visit India in June 2014 and as a result would need to go for visa stamping. I also have W2 form as I worked for last 2 months of 2013 and will carry my pay slips(from Nov 2013 to May 2014)-7 in total. Would these documents be sufficient enough for getting my H1 visa stamped on my passport. Can you please let me know what are all the documents needed to carry with me?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Rohit.

Originally posted by zzrohit View Post
    I came to US in Jan 2013 on H4 with visa stamped expiry date as Feb 20,2013. My H4 got extended(well before 2/20/2013) till Feb 2014 by my spouse' employer. I filed for H1 last year-2013 and got approval in June 2013 with start date as Oct 1,2013 onwards and valid till Sep 2015. I started working from Nov 2013 to till date. I am planning to visit India in June 2014 and as a result would need to go for visa stamping. I also have W2 form as I worked for last 2 months of 2013 and will carry my pay slips(from Nov 2013 to May 2014)-7 in total. Would these documents be sufficient enough for getting my H1 visa stamped on my passport. Can you please let me know what are all the documents needed to carry with me?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Rohit.
    It seems you were out of status from 1-Oct-2013 till Nov-2013. Cant say if that is an issue or not in the eyes of the Consular Officer. Cant say they will go back to that period or not.

Documents: https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      It seems you were out of status from 1-Oct-2013 till Nov-2013. Cant say if that is an issue or not in the eyes of the Consular Officer. Cant say they will go back to that period or not.

Documents: https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks. Normally do they ask for "x" numbe rof paystubs- if yes, how many paystubs and also wil carry W2 with me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X