Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 221(g) white slip, Passport returned..Is it a rejection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221(g) white slip, Passport returned..Is it a rejection ?

Hi,

I attended h1b visa on 21st in hyderabad. The visa officer (lady) is very harsh and rude.She was shouting literally. I gave all the documents except for the client letter. She asked me to wait in the lobby for some time as she has to verify my details.Finally she gave me 221(g) white slip in which she ticked against "Need to do additional administration processing before a final decision can be made" . At the end she returned my passport and told me that they need to do additional administrative processing and they will let me know if they need anything.She scanned my documents and returned them to me.What does it mean ? .Is it a case of rejection? .Please help me if you have any idea. Can i reappear for visa interview with the same petition?

Originally posted by samone View Post
    Hi,

I attended h1b visa on 21st in hyderabad. The visa officer (lady) is very harsh and rude.She was shouting literally. I gave all the documents except for the client letter. She asked me to wait in the lobby for some time as she has to verify my details.Finally she gave me 221(g) white slip in which she ticked against "Need to do additional administration processing before a final decision can be made" . At the end she returned my passport and told me that they need to do additional administrative processing and they will let me know if they need anything.She scanned my documents and returned them to me.What does it mean ? .Is it a case of rejection? .Please help me if you have any idea. Can i reappear for visa interview with the same petition?
    It is not a rejection but no one can predict the time it will take for admin processing to complete. If you re appear for visa interview with the same petition it will most probably end up similarly, as they already have it on record. If you get a different employer to file a cap exempt petition and attend visa interview with the new petition then the current one would have to be reported as a rejection.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X