Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Tax Filing, wife in India

Hello All

How is everyone?. Me, my wife and my daughter came to US last year 2013 March. My wife and daughter went to India on October 2013 and she is in India till now. Now, I have to apply for taxes and my wife doesn't have a IPin number. She will not be able to come to USA till April last week. So, how can I proceed to apply for IPin number for my wife when she in India, Can I do that?. I know that the tax filing is April 15th, so what is my situation now?

Can anyone suggest me?

Thank You in Advance.

Originally posted by sandeep424 View Post
    Hello All

How is everyone?. Me, my wife and my daughter came to US last year 2013 March. My wife and daughter went to India on October 2013 and she is in India till now. Now, I have to apply for taxes and my wife doesn't have a IPin number. She will not be able to come to USA till April last week. So, how can I proceed to apply for IPin number for my wife when she in India, Can I do that?. I know that the tax filing is April 15th, so what is my situation now?

Can anyone suggest me?

Thank You in Advance.
    Do they pass the "Substantial presence test" ? http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Inter...-Presence-Test

I dont think you can get ITIN without them being present here. Without ITIN I don't think you can claim then as dependent but you can still go ahead and file your taxes.Talk to a tax expert.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X