Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B cap Visa - Documents submitted with old passport number

Hi,

H1B visa is getting processed for me via my office this year and i submitted the required documents including passport number to the organisation.
    However there was wrong address in my passport hence i re-applied for passport and received the new passport which has a new passport number.

My question is,
    Since i have given the old passport number in the documents i submitted , will there be any problem in the processing of my Visa since my old passport was cancelled when i applied for renewal.?

Kindly advise.

Originally posted by lal88 View Post
    Hi,

H1B visa is getting processed for me via my office this year and i submitted the required documents including passport number to the organisation.
    However there was wrong address in my passport hence i re-applied for passport and received the new passport which has a new passport number.

My question is,
    Since i have given the old passport number in the documents i submitted , will there be any problem in the processing of my Visa since my old passport was cancelled when i applied for renewal.?

Kindly advise.
    There was no necessity to get a new passport just because of an address change. I don't think there will be problem with the visa. When you fill the DS-160 for the visa interview, provide the latest passport details.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X