Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b query--need urgent help

Hi Friends,

I have been working in Singapore for the past 3 months. I have my approved h1b petition with me. My consultant filed my h1b when i was working in India. Now should i appear for Visa interview in Singapore's USA embassy? When i called USA embassy in Singapore here, they said since i am an indian citizen, chances of getting visa is less. What do u people suggest?

Hi Shah,
    The best way to play it safe is to go to your home consulate for the stamping. They are the ones competent to check the authenticity of the education and work experience credentials.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

two more questions related to h1b--please help

Hi Veena,

thank u very much for ur instant reply. two more doubts.

1) In such cases if i appear for visa interview in Singapore itselt, than what
      are my chances of getting visa? is it 50:50 or less??
      I have worked with big MNC like Oracle, I-Flex and have good academic
      background (BE computer science) also but my Student visa had earlier
      rejected (two years back).

2) what will be the best answer to convince VO that they should process
      my case in Singapore itself since i can't move out of Singapore because of
      my projects for another 2 to 3 months.

If any one has got the visa in such situation, please let me know.
      Last edited by virals_shah; 10-09-2005, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Shah,
        Its not that all stampings get redirected. If the US consulate at Singapore is able to do the verifications of your background in an efficient way, then there is no reason why they should redirect you. If you are willing to take the risk of trial and error on your time and money then please go ahead with an open mind to accept the consequence in case there is a redirection.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I doubt if they will let you give interview in Singapore. The H1 is basically issued from the country of origin..not from your temporary location.

Your student visa rejection will not affect chances of you getting the H1 visa.

Best of luck,

Dreamcatcher

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X