Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer

Hello All,
    I need expert guidance, thanks everyone in advance for answering my question.

I'm working in the US since past 6 months on H1B and my employer is literally sucking my blood by making me work for several clients at the same time, I work overtime, sometimes in the middle of the night and not paid for it at all. On top of this he treats everyone like animals pressurizing us all the time for stupid tasks, I'm totally frustrated and can't take it anymore as it is now affecting my health and personal life. I would never take this job if knew all of this in advance. I'm now thinking of going back to India and work there but at the same time I feel all my hard work and efforts that I put into this job/interview/visa etc. will be wasted and it will be a big setback for me professionally so I'm considering offers in the US also. When I informed my employer about leaving the job he first started manipulating me and then threatened me indirectly about legal consequences etc. now I have these questions-

1. Can my employer in anyway cancel or create any issues with my visa status?
    2. Can he force me to reimburse for money that he spent on visa application, training (which was never provided, in fact I trained so many others) etc?
    3. How unpleasant this situation can get?

Reason why I’m asking these questions is because If this isn't worth it then i would rather save my efforts and go back to India instead of taking more stress.
    Please advise on this.

H1B Visa Transfer

I am sorry to hear about your stories. First of all, You can complaint to DOL if you have proper documents to prove your employer wrong doing.

Have you signed any documents when you join your employer? If you don't have any, then you can find any other employer to transfer your H1 in premium. You can join them once it is approve. No one can threaten you here and you can very well discuss your situation to any immigration attorney. Don't just go back without giving any tough fight. It will be very easy for you to find any other employer from here instead of trying from India.

Let me know if you need any help.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for your advise kadkhiq81, really appreciate it.
      Only documents I signed while joining were the offer letter and non compete agreement.
      Offer letter states I cannot leave without 1 month of notice within the 3 years of the visa validity, (which I've no issues with) however there is another clause where I have to repay 15k if I decide to quit.
      Is that something he can use against me to create problems in case I decide to switch the job?

Comment

H1B Visa Transfer

I cannot comment on that and only an Immigration attorney can go through your case in detail to help you.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X