Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Expired(4 yrs ago), can we apply for Renewal under Non-Cap

Hi,

My H1B petition got expired in Sept 2010 (almost 4 yrs ago), my company didn't renew that time.

1. can it be renewed now(2014) under Non-Cap category?
    2. can a different company apply for renewal? or only the same company should do the renewal ?
    3. also kindly let me know if there are any other condition for applying renewal under of Non-Cap category ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Divya

Originally posted by Divyadhan83 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B petition got expired in Sept 2010 (almost 4 yrs ago), my company didn't renew that time.

1. can it be renewed now(2014) under Non-Cap category?
    2. can a different company apply for renewal? or only the same company should do the renewal ?
    3. also kindly let me know if there are any other condition for applying renewal under of Non-Cap category ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Divya
    Which year cap were you counted against? Did you get visa stamped? When were you last in US on H1?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Which year cap were you counted against? Did you get visa stamped? When were you last in US on H1?
      Hi, Thanks for replying

My Work Permit was from 01-Oct-2007 to 07-Sep-2010. and I got it stamped & was present in US on H1B for almost 2 years (i returned back to india in Dec 2009).

Kindly let me know if you need more info in this regard.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for replying

My Work Permit was from 01-Oct-2007 to 07-Sep-2010. and I got it stamped & was present in US on H1B for almost 2 years (i returned back to india in Dec 2009).

Kindly let me know if you need more info in this regard.
        As you were on H1B status in last 6 Years and havent fully exhausted your 6 Year limit and have been outside US for more than 1 Year you have an option, either to file in fresh cap and if approved get fresh 6 Year term starting from 01-Oct-2014 or later, OR, use the old petition with immediate start date but validity of 6 Years Minus time already spent on H1 status between 2007-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

As you were on H1B status in last 6 Years and havent fully exhausted your 6 Year limit and have been outside US for more than 1 Year you have an option, either to file in fresh cap and if approved get fresh 6 Year term starting from 01-Oct-2014 or later, OR, use the old petition with immediate start date but validity of 6 Years Minus time already spent on H1 status between 2007-2014.

need a small clarification on your reply
          "...6 Years Minus time already spent on H1 status between 2007-2014" so does it mean 6 yrs minus 2 yrs (the time i was in US) ?? or 6 yrs minus 3 yrs (the time period of my H1B petition) ??

Also i was on dependent visa (L2-EAD tough didn't work) during the May 2011 to Feb 2012 does this affect my H1B renewal conditions ?

Also, can a different company apply for renewal? or only the same company should do the renewal ?
          Last edited by Divyadhan83; 03-05-2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

need a small clarification on your reply
            "...6 Years Minus time already spent on H1 status between 2007-2014" so does it mean 6 yrs minus 2 yrs (the time i was in US) ?? or 6 yrs minus 3 yrs (the time period of my H1B petition) ??

Also i was on dependent visa (L2-EAD tough didn't work) during the May 2011 to Feb 2012 does this affect my H1B renewal conditions ?

Also, can a different company apply for renewal? or only the same company should do the renewal ?
            Only time spent while on H1 and getting paid as per H1 is counted. So in your case 6 Yrs minus 2 yrs. L2 time is not deducted from this 6 Years.

Comment

Only time spent while on H1 and getting paid as per H1 is counted. So in your case 6 Yrs minus 2 yrs. L2 time is not deducted from this 6 Years.

Thanks Raghiv, your help is appreciated

if you have any idea about this qtn, can a different company apply for renewal? or only the same company should do the renewal ? , kindly let me know your views

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X