Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently resigned, do I need a job presently to apply for H1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently resigned, do I need a job presently to apply for H1?

I am working since last 9 years in India. Recently I have resigned in Dec 2013 and am looking for a new job. I awaiting an offer from US based company for H1.
    Am I eligible to apply for H1 for coming year since I have send documents by next week. Should I have a job presently to apply for H1?

Originally posted by mkkrishna View Post
    I am working since last 9 years in India. Recently I have resigned in Dec 2013 and am looking for a new job. I awaiting an offer from US based company for H1.
    Am I eligible to apply for H1 for coming year since I have send documents by next week. Should I have a job presently to apply for H1?
    Not necessary.

But I fail to understand why you already resigned when, even if you do get a H1, you still have to wait over 5 Months to be able to travel on that H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

I have resigned due to personal reasons and I am presently in lookout for job. As for H1, my friend referred me in his Company and I had interview. They have selected me and are ready to sponsor.
      So, without any job in my hand now, am I eligible for the H1b application?

Comment

Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X