Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry: I-94 Current with Extended I-797

Hi All,

I got my stamping done from india and they gave the stamping only till the current petition expiry date , which is April 2014. I travelled to US and got the I94 at the port of entry valid only till April 2014.

They didn't validate my future petition which is valid till April 2015. My future petition is approved before I travelled to India

Can you please advice on how to proceed further

1) Can I go to chicago CBP issue and ask them to issue the I-94# valid upto April 2015 instead of April 2014

or

2) Do I need to travel out of country and show extension document at port of entry to get the new I-94# valid upto April 2015

Thanks in advance for your help

Port of Entry: I-94 Current with Extended I-797

What do you mean by future petition? When was that approved? Did you get new I 94 along with your extension? Provide more details.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      What do you mean by future petition? When was that approved? Did you get new I 94 along with your extension? Provide more details.
      My current petition is valid till April 4 2014 and my extension or future petition is started from April 5 2014 to April 5 2015. My future petition is approved in jan 2014 and I got I 94 along with extension. I travelled to india in Feb 2014 for H1B stamping and visa/Port of entry is issued upto April 04 2014 based on my current I-797

Comment

You should have timed your travel accordingly.

If you had shown the new petition during interview you would have got H1 only from 05-April-2014 and would have to delay your return trip to US by another Month.

Having shown Old petition allowed you to enter earlier, but now you would have to re apply for extension of stay.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by swethadandamudi View Post
          Hi All,

I got my stamping done from india and they gave the stamping only till the current petition expiry date , which is April 2014. I travelled to US and got the I94 at the port of entry valid only till April 2014.

They didn't validate my future petition which is valid till April 2015. My future petition is approved before I travelled to India

1) Can I go to chicago CBP issue and ask them to issue the I-94# valid upto April 2015 instead of April 2014

or

2) Do I need to travel out of country and show extension document at port of entry to get the new I-94# valid upto April 2015

Hi Swetha,
          Can you please tell me what did you do in your case?
          I am in same situation.
          Did you travel outside USA again to get new I-94? or Did you apply for extension again?

Comment

Originally posted by swethadandamudi View Post
            Hi All,

or

Hi,
            Can you please tell me what did you do in your case?
            I am in the same situation right now.
            Did you travel outside USA again to get new I-94? or Did you apply for extension one more time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X