Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debarshibarat View Post
    Hi Raghvi,

I did file from two companies to boost my chances this year. Turns out that the the application from my primary company (where I am currently working), did not get picked up but the second company's did. I am also on OPT extension which expires on May 10, so I qualify for the cap-gap extension to the OPT which extends the work authorization till Sept 30.

My questions are as follows:
    While on my OPT cap-gap extension, can I change my company to join the second company mentioned above? IS there a possibility of it triggering an RFE?
    If I do not change the company and continue with the current company, can I continue with them till Sept 30?
    If the H1B gets approved from the second company, how soon can I transfer it back to the current company?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    1. Yes I think it should be possible, do keep your DS informed.
    2. Yes as long as cap gap is approved.
    3. Confusing . With which employer do you actually want to work with? In order to transfer the visa to current employer you need to get the approval notice from the H1 employer and file the cap exempt petition and get it approved before the H1 begins.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Ragvi,

I have one question.

In the case, Company A and Company B both file H1B for me and both get picked up in lottery.
      If Company B decide to withdraw their application or USCIS rejects company B's petition, will it affect company A's petition?

Thanks in advance,
      Jude

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X