Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for stamping

Hi,
    I have valid H1B approval. I was working in US for about 5 years and came back 1 and half year ago. Since then I am working due to Personal reasons. One of the company processed my New H1B visa. I have to go for stamping on April 2014 at Chennai Consulate. My question is what would be my chance of getting my H1B stamping? If they ask about what I have been doing since left from USA what should I tell? Please give me some idea for this.
    Thank you,
    Saravana

Originally posted by sarojothi View Post
    Hi,
    I have valid H1B approval. I was working in US for about 5 years and came back 1 and half year ago. Since then I am working due to Personal reasons. One of the company processed my New H1B visa. I have to go for stamping on April 2014 at Chennai Consulate. My question is what would be my chance of getting my H1B stamping? If they ask about what I have been doing since left from USA what should I tell? Please give me some idea for this.
    Thank you,
    Saravana
    Sorry I meant I am not working since then I return back from USA.

Comment

Originally posted by sarojothi View Post
      Sorry I meant I am not working since then I return back from USA.
      Please provide more details. When was initial H1 processed, how long were you on it? When did you leave US? When was new H1 filed? When did it get approved?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Please provide more details. When was initial H1 processed, how long were you on it? When did you leave US? When was new H1 filed? When did it get approved?
        Hi Raghvi,
        Thank you for your response
        1. When was initial H1 processed?
        My first visit to USA was on May 1st 2007. Visa issued on 7th Dec 2006.
        2. how long were you on it?
        I was there around 5 years. In between I came back to India and got stamped with new visa as well.
        3. When did you leave US?
        I left US Dec 2011.
        4. When was new H1 filed?
        New H1 was filed on April 2013.
        5. When did it get approved?
        It got approved on Jan 15 2014.
        In between I was getting training in SAP and Salesforce.com as well. But I can't get training certificate for that.
        My H1 petitioner says no problem to get stamping even though I am out of job. Please guide me.
        Thank you again,
        Saravana

Comment

As long as employer and work is genuine I dont see any issues with your case. If at all they ask what were you doing this while, you can say you were upgrading your skills.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            As long as employer and work is genuine I dont see any issues with your case. If at all they ask what were you doing this while, you can say you were upgrading your skills.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Thank you very much your reply. I am very glad to see your positive reply. Now I will take my interview confidently.
            Thank you again,
            Saravana

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X