Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Redirected from Delhi to Chennai

Hi All,

I have been to Delhi consulate for H1B stamping. Consular looked at my documents and asked few question regarding my employer, tax returns and project i am going to work on and … etc. Finally she told me that she is unable to process my application and gave me yellow form (221(g) section) . She checked only one column to redirect my case to Chennai consulate and also told me to go to consulate on Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday. Also she stamped on my passport “Application Received” . When I asked her do I need to take more documents to the Chennai consulate, she told that whatever you had is enough.
    I am just wondering does anyone have any idea about this scenario. If so please give me your suggestions and what will be the best step I can take.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
    SatS
    SatS

Tax returns

Hi Satish,

When u mentioned about the tax returns in ur post, which taxreturns does it refer to, is it the tax returns of ur US empoyer or us it ur personal tax returns to the govt.

Please clarify,

Mav

Comment

H1B Visa Redirected from Delhi to Chennai Reply to Thread

Satish,
      Was it an Emergency appointment in Delhi embassy. If that's the case, did you provide a letter from your employer stating the need for taking an emergency appointment?

Comment

Satish Reply

Hi All,

Yes they asked about my US Employer tax returns.
        Also i had a letter from my employer stating that i need to report by 2'nd week of October.
        But they didn't even ask me when you came to Delhi.

Thanks.

SatS
        SatS

Comment

H1B Visa Redirected from Delhi to Chennai Reply to Thread

Satish,
          Is this going to be your first visa (or) you already have US Visa stampings in your passport. The re-direction may depend on that also, as far as I understand. As per your explanation, I think its a re-direction to your consular district embassy. Go with confidence and you will get the visa!

Comment

Satish Reply2

Hi Sak,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that was my first attempt for US Visa.

Regards,
            Satish
            SatS

Comment

Hi Satish,

I'm planning on going to New Delhi for my Visa. My home address is in AP and I work in Noida. My employer has an office in chennai and is based in New York. He sent me a request letter for H1 visa addressing Chennai but i'm planning on going to Delhi, is that goin to be a problem? please advice

Thanks,
              koolguy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X