Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1b transfers

Hi

I am currently in US and working for employer A with approved H1b from past 4 months.

I got an opportunity with employer B which is a consultancy for a 6 month contract job. I accepted this offer and also employer B has filed for H1b transfer and I got the receipt number. So I put my papers to employer A and looking forward to join employer B in next 4 days.

But, now I got a full time employment opportunity with one of the top product based American software company C. And company C has sent offer letter and their lawyers started working with me to initiate and complete the H1b transfer process.

Now, I am more interested to join Employer C which has also offered to sponsor green card. As I already put papers with Employer A, I have no other option to join employer B for now.

Having this situation in place, I am really confused and worried that I might loose job opportunity with Employer C

Can anyone please help and guide me what best can be done in this situation?

Also I have following questions, please provide your suggestions.

1. Even after joining employer B, can I have employer C do h1b transfer without any issues using the approval notice from employer A ? If this is legal and possible, does emp C need to file h1b transfer within a time frame (say 1 month after leaving emp A) ?
    2. As employer C does not mentioned any join date and happy to wait for another couple of months, is it safe to reveal employer C, that I joined employer B for a short term assignment and I am still interested to move to employer C ?

Please suggest what I can do in this situation so that I dont loose job opportunity from emp C.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance.

-Kram2usa

Can anyone please guide me in this situation?
    Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Comment

You have to join B. If there was enough time a "Bridge Petition" could have been filed.

Advisable that you join B, work for a few pay cycles and then initiate a transfer to C.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        You have to join B. If there was enough time a "Bridge Petition" could have been filed.

Advisable that you join B, work for a few pay cycles and then initiate a transfer to C.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Thank you so much for responding to this post.

I am joining employer B starting this Monday (March 17th, 2014). And emp B has upgraded my H1b petition to premium processing. And Emp C has not even filed for LCA. I just shared all required documents to lawyers working with Emp C.
        So, from your reply, I understand that after my h1b petition of emp B got approved, emp C can file another h1b petition with the latest payslip from emp B.
        I dont know what a 'bridge petition' means. But, as I am joining emp B on March 17th, there is no enough time for Emp C to file for 'bridge petition'.

Please confirm my understanding.

I have one more question. Kindly provide your suggestion.

What happens if emp C now files another H1b petition taking my approved H1b from emp A as basis after I started working with Emp B?

Thanks again for taking time to reply to this post and helping me out in this ambiguous situation.

Regards,
        Kram2usa

Comment

Originally posted by kram2usa View Post
          Thank you so much for responding to this post.

I am joining employer B starting this Monday (March 17th, 2014). And emp B has upgraded my H1b petition to premium processing. And Emp C has not even filed for LCA. I just shared all required documents to lawyers working with Emp C.
          So, from your reply, I understand that after my h1b petition of emp B got approved, emp C can file another h1b petition with the latest payslip from emp B.
          I dont know what a 'bridge petition' means. But, as I am joining emp B on March 17th, there is no enough time for Emp C to file for 'bridge petition'.

Please confirm my understanding.

I have one more question. Kindly provide your suggestion.

What happens if emp C now files another H1b petition taking my approved H1b from emp A as basis after I started working with Emp B?

Thanks again for taking time to reply to this post and helping me out in this ambiguous situation.

Regards,
          Kram2usa
          Hi Kram2usa,
          I am also in similar situation so can you please update what happen with Company B and Company C. Did you initiated H1 transfer with Company c? When? After couple slip or before that? Please provide futher details. Thanks.
          Regards,
          Navin_new

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X