Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa : Is it compulsory to make entry in USA only through the H1B sponsor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa : Is it compulsory to make entry in USA only through the H1B sponsor?

Hello All,
    this is my first post in this forum.
    One company called ABC in New Jersy is offering me H1B, While I ma not sure if my H1B will get approved in lucky draw or not, but I have two questions.

1) What is H1B gets approved and I do not want to join, rather I prefer to stay in India, until I find a better Company say "XYZ".
    If I get a job in "XYZ" Will I be able to transfer my H1B to "XYZ" and then enter USA and directly work for XYZ.

ABC is small company and obviously not paying well. I have still not seen the real contract on papers from ABC and not sure what are the clause that they may have.
    can't I just pay them(ABC) off for their effort and money and end working relationship with them on good note?

2) I am currently holding an B1/B2 Visa valid uptill 2023, Will it still remain valid?

3) What if my current employer, who head quarter is based in USA, agrees to sponsor L1 for me( after I have H1B approval).
    In first place will I be eligible to get L1 or my current employer in India will be treated liked XYZ in question 1) .

Thank you for your advise.

Originally posted by algorithm_warrior View Post
    Hello All,
    this is my first post in this forum.
    One company called ABC in New Jersy is offering me H1B, While I ma not sure if my H1B will get approved in lucky draw or not, but I have two questions.

1) What is H1B gets approved and I do not want to join, rather I prefer to stay in India, until I find a better Company say "XYZ".
    If I get a job in "XYZ" Will I be able to transfer my H1B to "XYZ" and then enter USA and directly work for XYZ.

ABC is small company and obviously not paying well. I have still not seen the real contract on papers from ABC and not sure what are the clause that they may have.
    can't I just pay them(ABC) off for their effort and money and end working relationship with them on good note?

2) I am currently holding an B1/B2 Visa valid uptill 2023, Will it still remain valid?

3) What if my current employer, who head quarter is based in USA, agrees to sponsor L1 for me( after I have H1B approval).
    In first place will I be eligible to get L1 or my current employer in India will be treated liked XYZ in question 1) .

Thank you for your advise.
    1. Yes you can if you have the receipt number/approval notice. The receipt number/approval notice will be proof that you were cap counted. With this proof any other employer can file a cap exempt petition for you. What many such "ABC" companies do is not to give you a receipt number/approval notice to prevent you from doing a transfer.
    2. It most probably will still be active unless marked CWOP at the consulate when you go for H1/L1 interview.
    3. L1 and H1 are independent. If current employer sponsors your L1, you can go ahead and attend the L1 interview OR as mentioned above, the current employer can initiate a "H1 transfer" by filing a cap exempt petition, if you have the receipt number/approval notice.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X