Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B issued 2219 white slip in hyd

Hi

I went to visa on 12 March 2014 for H1 B approval to hyd. She asked me where do you work?? I said i work in Atlanta.ow can you work in Atlanta She said but your LCA says your work location is Florida so how can you work in Atlanta? I told am working remotely to stay with my family because my husband works in Atlanta. Sorry we cough ant approve you visa as your LCA is incorrect. And she issued me 221g white slip and said your visa status would be under 221g. we will inform you through email. And returned all my documents and Passport.

Please let me know if any one gone through the same situation. Any idea what should be done next??? Are they going to issue me visa or not?? am worried as my passport is given back to me.

Thank you
    Swetha

Originally posted by swethakalyanam View Post
    Hi

I went to visa on 12 March 2014 for H1 B approval to hyd. She asked me where do you work?? I said i work in Atlanta.ow can you work in Atlanta She said but your LCA says your work location is Florida so how can you work in Atlanta? I told am working remotely to stay with my family because my husband works in Atlanta. Sorry we cough ant approve you visa as your LCA is incorrect. And she issued me 221g white slip and said your visa status would be under 221g. we will inform you through email. And returned all my documents and Passport.

Please let me know if any one gone through the same situation. Any idea what should be done next??? Are they going to issue me visa or not?? am worried as my passport is given back to me.

Thank you
    Swetha
    Technically, even work from home would require you to post LCA at a public place near home location. Further, USCIS can always question that if the work can be done from home away from client location, it can very well be done from a Non US location too whats the need of you to be in US then?

I would suggest either you get amendment as per your work location and attend the interview again OR find another employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Technically, even work from home would require you to post LCA at a public place near home location. Further, USCIS can always question that if the work can be done from home away from client location, it can very well be done from a Non US location too whats the need of you to be in US then?

I would suggest either you get amendment as per your work location and attend the interview again OR find another employer.

Tanks for the reply...yesterday i received the email saying my Visa is rejected due to work location. Do you have any idea can anything be done now??? Or applying for dependent visa is the only way? Please suggest.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by swethakalyanam View Post
        Tanks for the reply...yesterday i received the email saying my Visa is rejected due to work location. Do you have any idea can anything be done now??? Or applying for dependent visa is the only way? Please suggest.

Thank you
        Filing an LCA and amendment or finding another employer, either will take time. If you have a need to return to US immediately, dependent visa seem to be the only other option.

Once in US, you can try to file a COS to H1 after getting the paperwork sorted out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X