Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question reg H4 extn - I539

Hi All,

I have got an offer from an employer but the employer would not sponsor for the H4 extn for my spouse. The attorney is asking for $1100 for filing the H4 extn, so I'm planning to do it myself. I spoke to the attorney and he is OK to keep the H4 extn papers that I provide along with the H1 petition package. So I'm planning to send him the below.

1. Completed I539
    2. My spouses previous I797 & I94 copies
    3. Marriage Certificate copy

The question I have is

1. Does the I539 application also have to be represented by the attorney as the H1 application when it is submitted as the same package
    2. Is the G-28 mandatory i.e. if there is a G-28 present for the Form I-129 should one be kept mandatorily for the Form I-539.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Originally posted by ahmad2010 View Post
    Hi All,

I have got an offer from an employer but the employer would not sponsor for the H4 extn for my spouse. The attorney is asking for $1100 for filing the H4 extn, so I'm planning to do it myself. I spoke to the attorney and he is OK to keep the H4 extn papers that I provide along with the H1 petition package. So I'm planning to send him the below.

1. Completed I539
    2. My spouses previous I797 & I94 copies
    3. Marriage Certificate copy

The question I have is

1. Does the I539 application also have to be represented by the attorney as the H1 application when it is submitted as the same package
    2. Is the G-28 mandatory i.e. if there is a G-28 present for the Form I-129 should one be kept mandatorily for the Form I-539.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    1. Not necessary if you are doing it on your own.
    2. G-28 is only if the attorney is representing you if you filing it independently you dont need a G-28.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghvi.

If anybody could post their experience on this would really be helpful to me.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X